Yay for first-thing-in-the-morning appts…we were taken to a room just five minutes or so after arriving at my doctor's office and within a couple of minutes of coming into the room, my OB started the (transvaginal) ultrasound…she was like "let's get to the good stuff. I know why you guys are here."
As soon as I saw the image on the monitor, I knew it was better this time, and the OB's words confirmed it, "it looks really good, you guys, really really good." My heart went pitter patter. "It's a day bigger than it should be…already overachieving." Pitter patter pitter patter.
Then something happened that neither Cory or I was expecting. She moved the wand, pumped up the volume, and we heard a HEARTBEAT! Out of something the size of a blueberry! Who knew there was anything so amazing as hearing the heartbeat of a life inside of you. I was not expecting the sheer joy & happiness I felt. With a huge grin on my face, I watched the screen and listened in wonderment. "WOW" is all I could say.
And so it begins…a long journey towards a new life. But I know these 8 months are gonna fly by and April 12th (my due date) will be here before I know it. Yippee :D
Yayayayya, I got chills and goosebumps for you! :-) I remember that very same day for me and Mike.
ReplyDelete