Sunday, December 15, 2013

Week 23: Sun, Dec 15, 2013

Weight: 115 lbs
Circumference (at belly button): +35.5 inches 
Nickname for baby this week: "our little grapefruit"
 

Symptoms this past week: pregnancy brain (I forget many things and have trouble doing anything even slightly complicated), lower back pain, the need to pee a couple of more times per day, vaginal discharge, feeling the baby move, & constipation :( so I'm eating more fiber. In the past few weeks, I had been waking up with charlie horses or pain in the ball of my left foot. So I googled "charlie horse causes" and think the cause may be a calcium deficiency (which is totally plausible b/c baby takes a lot of my calcium) so I've been popping a couple calcium chews every day, which I should be doing anyways, and both the charlie horses and foot pain have gone away! Oh, and I forgot to mention that for a few months, I've definitely tinkled a tad when I sneeze :|
 
 Body changes: an ever growing baby bump, boobs are definitely getting bigger, my complexion is great (except for the occasional forehead pimple…I've been told I've definitely got the pregnancy glow :)





We have our next appt with the OB on Friday...wonder what my weight will be on their (more accurate) scale. And curious about my blood pressure…last time it was SUPER low.

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad your charlie horses are better. I got them in my calves when I was pregnant. Mine were owed to dehydration. Be sure you drink plenty of fluids, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananas are also really good for the charlies - if your potassium levels are low.
    -rl

    ReplyDelete