Symptoms this past week: lower back pain (so I bought a pregnancy belt-it holds the weight of my belly so my lower back muscles don't have to-since I'll be starting work again this week and my job requires lots of time on my feet); moodiness, tears, unhappiness; pregnancy (forgetful) brain; lots more movement, and I can feel it hiccuping now!
Body changes: an ever growing belly, a new underarm skin tag, and that's pretty much it this week.
We just completed our first Saturday session (of two) of our childbirth class with SVMH, the local hospital. It was good, with lots of other couples and info, plus good hands-on practice time for laboring positions, which Cory and I both really liked doing.
We have our last hypnobirthing class this week (we'll have had 4 total). It's been great, very positive and it's really opened my mind to the idea that labor will be very special and the pain can be very manageable. For those of you who aren't familiar with hypnobirthing, it's also known as the Mongan method, and it relies on the power of suggestion, relaxation, and filling the mind with positive, soothing thoughts (a lot like yoga), but you don't actually hypnotize yourself, like the name suggests. The purpose is to take the fear (of pain) out of birth and let your body do its thing.

You felt hiccups!? How cool! I am feeling baby movements now in the 21st week.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm pretty sure they're hiccups...it's a light, constant tick, unless our baby has a nervous twitch ;)
Delete