Due date: 4.12.14...four weeks!
Weight: 130 lbs (dang, I put on some lbs this last week!)
Circumference (at belly button): 40.25 inches
Nickname for baby this week: "our little honeydew"
OB visit update: my cervix is tightly closed so probably not much chance of an early delivery…the doc thinks I'll deliver right around my due date.
Symptoms this past week: less energy and tired more; v discharge; still a warmer-than-usual body; an itchy red belly; breathing is a little easier and less shallow so the baby must be pushing on my lungs less, not sure if it's head down yet though b/c at my appt on Wed with the OB, she heard the heartbeat on my right side so it seems like its head is by my right side, unless it's tucked down (the doc will check the baby's position at my appt next week...I'll now be seeing her once a week now till the baby is born!); baby's movements are very noticable and sometimes it feels like its moving every limb at once! I just feel more comfortable and better in general the last couple of days...the calm before the storm?
OB visit update: my cervix is tightly closed so probably not much chance of an early delivery…the doc thinks I'll deliver right around my due date.
Symptoms this past week: less energy and tired more; v discharge; still a warmer-than-usual body; an itchy red belly; breathing is a little easier and less shallow so the baby must be pushing on my lungs less, not sure if it's head down yet though b/c at my appt on Wed with the OB, she heard the heartbeat on my right side so it seems like its head is by my right side, unless it's tucked down (the doc will check the baby's position at my appt next week...I'll now be seeing her once a week now till the baby is born!); baby's movements are very noticable and sometimes it feels like its moving every limb at once! I just feel more comfortable and better in general the last couple of days...the calm before the storm?
Body
changes: a bigger belly (that's it folks, not much else to see here)
I was talking to Becka about human's gestational period being 9 months and it seems so long and asked "is ours the longest?" After googling it, the answer is-not by a long shot! Whales and dolphins have the longest gestational period at 14 (or more) months! (most mammals bigger than us have longer ones)
Cor took some pregnancy pics this week too. As you can see, he's not putting on any sympathy weight :P





No comments:
Post a Comment