Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 37: Mon, March 24th…I'm due less than 3 weeks from today people!!

Due date: 4.12.14...three weeks!
Weight: 131 lbs
 Circumference (at belly button): 40.25 inches
Nickname for baby this week: "our little winter melon" (??) 
 
 
OB visit update: baby is head down, yay! Now that it's head down, it's big enough that it's not going to be able to turn easily so will most likely stay put. Head down is good b/c it's one less reason for a c-section (doctors won't deliver a breach baby vaginally) and I have more breathing room now since its head is not pushing on my organs anymore...ahhhh :) 
And I've most likely been having practice contractions (but no pain) but not really realized it (it's when my abdomen gets really tight); I had one right when she felt my belly.
 
 Symptoms this past week: pretty much the same symptoms as last week (except my belly has not been too itchy); restless legs off and on; swelling in my left foot/ankle; my first painful braxton hicks (practice) contraction (we think) on Wednesday…I was walking momo in the morning and halfway through the walk, started to feel some mild pain on the right side of my belly. The pain intensified as I walked home but would go away when I stopped walking. When I got home, I laid down b/c they say you'll know it's a braxton hicks contraction and not a real one if it goes away when you change your activity, which it did.

Body changes: a lower, pointier belly; my belly button is low, lower than the point of my belly, the dark side of the moon ;), so I can't see it anymore; and I've gained weight in my legs (although everyone says I look like I'm all belly, which I mostly am) so my pants are fitting tighter.





We are ready for baby! We have every thing we need and I'm ready to trade in my belly for a baby, although I do think I'll miss my belly and the special treatment it gets me ;) I don't think we can ever be truly prepared for the overwhelmed, exhausted feelings we will have in the first month or so but at least we know what's coming and don't blindly think it's going to be a joyous walk in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment